If you are a man under 30 years of age with fewer than 2 children, it is vital to consider the following points.
- Although reversal is possible, vasectomy should be considered as a permanent, irreversible procedure because not all vasectomy reversals are successful.
- Vasectomy reversal can be expensive with costs usually exceeding $10000 with varying rates of success. The main indicator of success is length of time from vasectomy to reversal.
- Men who undergo vasectomy at a younger age may be more likely to seek a reversal at a later stage and have regret if reversal is not successful.
- Even though you may be adamant now that you do not want children, you may have a change of mind as your circumstances change over the course of your life.
- Relationships change
- The views of your partner can change (if you have one).
- Sperm storage can be arranged. That way if you want to have children, then this may be possible from your own sperm. Success rates vary with many factors playing a role including the age and health of the mother.
That being said, if you understand these points and would like to still undergo a vasectomy, book in to discuss.